The Thrash Wellness Center opened its doors in 2017 at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College. Students, faculty and staff may use the modern exercise equipment to stay healthy in the renovated Thrash Gymnasium. Named for Joseph M. Thrash, a former professor at the Second District Agricultural and Mechanical School (ABAC's first incarnation), the building was constructed in 1939.
Hours of Operation:
Fall Semester 2022: 6:30 AM-10:00 PM Monday-Saturday 6:00 PM -10:00 PM Sunday
Fall Break September 15-16, 2022 - CLOSED
Fall Break September 17 - OPEN 12:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Fall Break September 18 - OPEN 12:00 PM - 5:30 PM
- Open to current ABAC Students, Staff, Faculty (must provide current ABAC Gold Card when entering the facility).
- Open to current Police Academy and ABAC GSW Students (must provide ID when entering the facility).
- ABAC Retirees must present ABAC Retiree Gold Card.
- Current Police Academy and ABAC GSW students will need to provide ID when entering in the facility.
- All users must be current ABAC student and have current ABAC Gold Card to enter Thrash Wellness Center.
- A waiver form must be completed for each user. Anyone under 18 years of age is required to provide a parental signature.
- Patrons should use extreme caution in lifting weights to avoid potential injuries to themselves or others. ABAC is not responsible for any injuries. Do not attempt to use equipment if unfamiliar with the proper use.
- No dropping of weights is allowed.
- Headphones must be utilized with any personal music.
- All weights and accessories must be returned to their designated racks and storage area. No equipment may be removed from the facility. No weights or equipment can be dragged across the center of the gym floor (brown area).
- All equipment must be used in the manner for which it was designed. Do not attempt to modify the equipment. Do not loiter on equipment between sets.
- No personal training is permitted.
- No chalk is allowed.
- Profanity, excessively loud, or suggestive language will not be tolerated.
- Please direct all questions, concerns, and maintenance needs to the Thrash Wellness Center staff or Director.
- ABAC is not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings such as backpacks, wallets, phones, etc.
Attire and Footwear
- Thrash Wellness Center staff reserves the right to determine the acceptability of all exercise attire. Staff decisions concerning appropriate clothing will be final. Failure to dress properly will result in denial of use of the facility.
- Appropriate attire is required at all times:
- Shoes that mark-up floors, have open toes or heels, and turf shoes are not permitted in any activity area within the TWC.
- Shoes, shirts, shorts and/or pants must be worn at all times.
- Clothing with offensive language, designs or pictures is not acceptable.
- Jeans and zippered and/or metal riveted shorts/pants are prohibited due to the risk of ripping equipment upholstery and the risk of injury to self and others.
- Shorts must be long enough to cover the buttocks and groin when participant exercises or moves.
- Appropriate support and undergarments are required at all times.
- Jewelry, which may cause equipment damage or poses a risk of injury, should be removed.
Food and Beverages
- Food is NOT allowed at any time in any activity area (exception: food may be allowed for special events if prior approval is granted by the College).
- Water in plastic container with lid/cap and drinks out of the Thrash Wellness Center vending machines are the only beverages allowed.
- Glass containers are prohibited at all times.
Paper Towels and Sanitizer
- Paper towel dispensers and sanitizer are available for TWC participants. All equipment must be wiped down when you finished and towels disposed of in designated trash cans.
- Non-compliance by a participant to any ABAC policy (see Student Handbook) is subject to ejection. When an individual is ejected from the facility for any reason, the individual is suspended from all Thrash Wellness Center Facilities and Programming until they have met with the Director or his/her designee.